Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Cooking

The Weekend!

I had a wonderful weekend!! I watched three or four movies, finished a Jane Austen novel, spent time with my family, stared out the window...

I took the whole weekend off and because of that, did a bit more cooking than I usually do. Saturday is pizza day, so I ordered a pizza that day, but on Sunday, I invited a friend over and we made the mac and cheese bake in the beanpot. We all had seconds and my friend said she loved it!

Labor Day

I had planned to make a bean extravaganza in the beanpot yesterday but discovered I only had one can of beans in the cabinet! So I let it cook on the stovetop for a couple of hours and added bacon, dijon mustard, sugar, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper.

In the oven, I made hamburgers, and also baked cookies. Our dessert yesterday was ice cream sandwiches made with almond pound cake cookies (made w/ a mix) and pineapple coconut ice cream! YUM!!

It was a great day!!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment